- Estimation, Part 4: Are We Nearly There Yet ?
- Estimation, Part 3: The Art and Science of Predicting The Future With 100% Accuracy Using Only Guesswork and Microsoft Excel.
- Estimation, Part 2: How Bloody Much, or If You Think It’s So Easy, Why Don’t You Have A Bash At Writing The Bleeding Code Yourself ?
- Estimation, Part 1: I Have Seen The Future, But It Was All Wrong
- Know Your Enemies, No. 2: Consultants Again
Tag Archives: Governance
We have now got past the first three stops on the Bus Journey of Estimation: First, we valiantly struggled to avoid making a forecast at all, and failed at that endeavour. But having carried out a lengthy, dogged rearguard action … Continue reading
So. Where were we ? Ah yes – Big. A modern-day IT Transformation Programme must always be Massive. No-one ever sets off to do a spot of light transforming. Oh no. In Transformation World, everything is Supersize. Everything must be … Continue reading
Let us now examine Governance in action. We need a test case. Suppose there is a straightforward piece of eminently useful coding which it is blindingly obvious ought to be done. For example, your profit-and-loss module is so flaky that … Continue reading